From: Wally Zatylny
Sent: Saturday 2 August, 2014

Dear Mr. Follett,

Ten years ago, my father-in-law introduced me to a favourite novel of his, ‘The Pillars of the Earth’. At this stage in my life, I had retired from the Canadian Football League, I enjoyed reading but I had never read a book like ‘The Pillars of the Earth’. You truly have a wonderful gift for storytelling. Through your stories I have been captivated by world events. Since ‘The Pillars of the Earth’, I have read many of your novels, currently ‘Winter of the World’, and as with the ‘The Pillars of the Earth’, I never want to put it down. Thank you Mr. Follett for your story telling, your captivating history lessons and allowing your readers to learn so much through the stories you tell.

Wally
Canada