From: Mike Mandel
Sent: Saturday 2 November, 2013

Dear Sir,

I am on a speaking engagement in Halifax Nova Scotia. When I left my home in Toronto today, the first thing I packed was ‘Winter of the World’. I’m on page 888 and cannot tell you how very much your wonderful books have enriched my life. BTW… as a transplanted Brit, I too was raised on the Famous Five… Anyway, thanks for being such a craftsman. I love your attention to detail.

All the best,
Mike
Canada