From: Lorraine Wylie
Sent: Tuesday 1 February, 2011

Hi Mr Follet
I am new to your books having just been given ‘Fall of Giants’ by a friend. I am currently halfway through the book and find that when I am not reading it it is never far from my thoughts. I just thought that you would like to know that today whilst waiting in the car for my husband, I noticed that we were parked opposite a war memorial in my home town of Glasgow, Scotland, which was still decorated with poppies and I felt compelled to leave the car and read the names of the fallen. I was inspired to do so by the impact your book has had on me. I found your chapter on ‘Telegram Wednesday’ in Aberowen one of the most moving pieces of literature I have ever read! This time is one of the saddest and most shameful in our history and as such should not be forgotten. I look forward to the rest of the book.

Lorraine
United Kingdom