From: Michelle Cave
Sent: Saturday 1 January, 2011

Hello. Recently when I was in India, I came across your latest novel, ‘Fall of Giants’. I have been unable to put it down as it is one of the best books I have ever read. Your attention to detail combined with the realistic personalities of the characters interwoven into actual events is masterful. I cannot await for the next in the series. Moreover, you have re-inspired me as a teacher of history. It is very easy to become complacent in the areas in which I teach and forget that significant events such as World War One affected the lives of millions of people on both a personal and political level. Thank you so very much as while I acknowledge this is a work of fiction, I am seeing the impact of World War One with a new perspective which I hope to use when teaching my students of the complexities of this time in Australian and world history. Thanks,

Michelle
Australia