From: Cooper Dressler
Sent: Thursday 3 December, 2009

Dear Ken,
I must join the thousands of grateful fans in thanking you for writing ‘The Pillars of the Earth’. I have never been a very consistent reader for pleasure however your novel has truly changed that. I found an unloved copy of the novel in a parking lot destined to become obsolete litter and picked it up. A friend who was with me commented vaguely “I’ve heard that is a good book.” That night I began reading and found myself engulfed in sheer delight. I can’t thank you enough for rekindling my love for great reading, it took your genius to do just that. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Cooper Dressler
United States

P.S. I apologize for happening to enjoy your work at no expense to myself and therefore I shall be purchasing a new copy to give to my father. I will also undoubtedly be reading ‘World Without End’ by the new year.