From: Will McCarthy
Sent: Saturday 1 August, 2009

Hey Ken, my name’s Will and my school assigned your book ‘Pillars of the Earth’ as a summer reading choice this year. When I went to the bookstore to choose between your novel and another I chose yours because not only was the other book feminine and emasculating, your treasure truly interested me. I don’t know if you actually read these messages, but I just wanted you to know that even a slight majority of teenage readers and writers find your novels intriguing and entrancing. I plan to read many more of your books in the near future. I’m glad that they assigned your book. It is literally one of the only books I have read that I truly can relate too and find myself enjoying. Thanks for writing such fantastic novels!
A much in debt fan,

Will
United States