From: Dan Boucher
Sent: Monday 6 July, 2009

Hello Ken. I am a stonemason currently working on Tewkesbury Abbey in south-west England. I listen to your book ‘World Without End’ on my break, covered in dust, 140 feet up the tower, looking over the abbey, crouching through the belfry, or treading softly above the nave vaulting. I feel very fortunate that the surrounding gives me an extra special dimension to your work. I wanted to express that you have captured the blood, sweat and honour a person feels working on a stone building. Thanks for your caring attention to detail in your work, and the pride you instil in the characters who make it their lives shaping and caring for sacred places. The same pride still carries on today, 800 years later.

Dan
United Kingdom