From: Scott C Lang
Sent: Saturday 7 April, 2007

Dear Ken
About three years ago I sent you an e-mail and told you I was thinking of writing a book. I admitted some apprehension because I wasn’t sure any of the big publishers would take a chance on an unknown author such as myself. You said two words: “Why not?”. Why not indeed. My first novel is being published later this year by a major publisher. So, thanks Mr. Follett. Those two words took me farther than you’ll ever know.

Scott
United States