From: Brian Dear
Sent: Wednesday 1 November, 2006

Dear Ken
I just read ‘Hornet Flight’ and I was amazed. I appreciate your attention to detail, especially when describing the trade craft of the Resistance and the aviation details. I am far from home, living in Korea and your story captured me from the first page. I read the damned thing in one marathon sitting! I am a big Hemingway fan and I appreciate your effort to write clear, strong prose with appropriate detail without “gilding the lily”.

As a journalist, I especially liked your historical framing, however your characters were the prime draw. A good war book isn’t about bullets, it’s about personalities and you nailed it perfectly. Thanks for the entertainment and intimate portrait of the Danish situation.

Brian Dear
South Korea