From: Susie Jensen
Sent: Tuesday 1 November, 2005

Mr. Follett,
I just picked up a copy of ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ (I reread it every year) that included your preface. I had to write to you and let you know just how much I love this book. It is my favorite and I always recommend it to people. Indianapolis, Indiana where I live has a “One City One Book” club every year and I continue to propose this book. Maybe if I am persistent someday it will be chosen. I do not usually write a fan letter but as I get older I have started to do so. I believe that when someone touches your life you need to let them know. This book has done that for me. I also love to visit English cathedrals and like you I love to spend at least a day seeing them. I have been fortunate to be able to visit England and have been able to see a few of them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope that one day I will get a chance to see you in person.

Susie Jensen
United States