From: Pedro Avila
Sent: Friday 2 September, 2005

I read your book ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ some years ago and I like it very much, in fact I have recommended it to all my family. Now I am reading ‘A Dangerous Fortune’ and since my job is in a bank, It’s been very interesting knowing about banking in the 19th century.
Congratulations, you are a great writer!

Pedro
Mexico