From: Ray Starmann
Sent: Saturday, September 4, 2004

Dear Mr Follett,

Just finished ‘Jackdaws’. What a novel! Well done! I couldn’t put it down for two days. Perhaps Dieter could return in a sequel as an East German ‘Stasi’ type with Flick giving up her PhD for a career in MI6?

As a young intelligence officer in the US Army back in 1988, I had the pleasure of meeting some real OSS/Jackdaws types at a museum reception. Even though they were well into their 60’s and 70’s, they all seemed to have the larger-than-life personalities you described so well in your novel.

Best wishes,
Ray Starmann
United States