From: Basil Markow
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2004

Dear Ken
While on a trip to the UK this May I visited the cathedrals in Ripon and York and promised myself to reread your ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ (for the third time). Just finished.

It is without a doubt the best book I have ever read. Last evening I was talking it up with dinner guests, one of whom was a retired Anglican minister who is presently reading ‘Pillars’ and we agreed that it should be on everyone’s bookshelf. Thank you !

Basil Markow
United States