From: Danielle Perfetti
Sent: Thursday, May 1, 2004

Dear Ken,

As an English teacher I have had a hard time over the years trying to squeeze in any spare time to read for mere enjoyment. I was recently recommended to try one of your books and was instantly engaged. I find myself carrying one of your books with me everywhere just to spend a few moments with the characters and escape the world of grading papers and preparing for my students. Thank you for creating such masterpieces that have brought me back to the reason why I started teaching English in the first place – the joy of a great book. I only hope that my rediscovered enthusiasm for the joy of reading can in some way touch the hundreds of students I come in contact with each day.

Thank you. Sincerely,
Danielle
United States