From: Theresa Chan
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004

Dear Ken,

Having lived and traveled in Europe last year, several cathedral tour guides recommended ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ to me. Admittedly, I have never been one for period pieces, nor have I read any of your other books (yet!), so I was hesitant about picking it up. Nevertheless, I could not overlook so many endorsements.

After reading the first few chapters, I could not put the book down! This epic tale is chock-full of intriguing details of historical times interlaced with human emotions still true today. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and will certainly recommend this as one of my favourites. I am anxious to pick up more of your books.

Thank-you for the good, pure entertainment, and inspiring my first ever fan-mail!

Theresa
Canada