From: Frank Brigham
Sent: Friday 5 December, 2003

Dear Ken,
I simply wanted to express a little joy at my second reading of ‘Pillars of the Earth’, which I first read in the late 80s. You’ve written a wonderful story, in a great historical setting, with fine characters. It helped inspire my recent planning of my 14th Renaissance Dinner production by my high school choir.

I’m a lover of historical music and continually work to inspire my own students to find the great worth of reproducing fine music. I’m always looking for bits of historical information to help my students understand the music of those historical periods in art. Your book fed my love of history and artistry and great escapism. Thank you for that gift.

Frank Brigham
United States