From: Adrian Mills
Sent: Thursday 4 September 2003

Dear Ken

I recently started reading your novel ‘Pillars of the Earth’, which was recommended by a friend. I wanted to know more about you, so I logged on to your web site, hardly expecting a concise course on novel writing. I want to thank you for sharing your direction and insight. Not because I’m a writer – I am a novice reader. Still, I feel like I’ve just enjoyed a breath of fresh air.

Adrian Mills
Canada