From: Rosie McKernna
Sent: Friday, 22 August 2003

Hi Ken,

My name is Rosie and I am 13 years old. I was recently recommended ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ by my dad and after reading it I feel almost enlightened! I am a big Harry Potter fan but I think your book is worth a million of those.

I was never a religious person, but the book helped me to really appreciate religion and even cathedrals. I will be recommending the book to my English class at school and I’m sure they will all like it just as much!

I have just borrowed ‘The Key to Rebecca’ from the library and can’t wait to read it.

Rosie McKernna
United Kingdom