From: Valerie Powell
Sent: Tuesday 3 June, 2003

I now have a mountain of ironing – and house cleaning to do and it all your fault! I was given your book ‘Pillars of the Earth’ as a gift two weeks ago – and have been unable to put it down… literally

I have done nothing for two weeks except read – what a book – many many congratulations. The only trouble is what do I read now? I have it in my head still – all the characters, the places, the churches, the cathedrals etc…

Wonderful, wonderful, thanks again! I have not read any of your other books but that will be remedied when I go to the book store!